Friday, March 23, 2007

March Thursday Knighter at the Chess Castle

I haven't had a chance to visit the Chess Castle since I played in January. I heard that last month a dozen participants played. But last night there were just three games going for the six players.

Although there was just a small number, the games were all interesting. Roger Hale, a new member to the club in January, was playing against Norm. Phil Stevenson was playing against Carl, who has been playing on Monday nights. Vinnie was playing against Steve Turmo. Carl told me that last week he and Steve drew. I did not see any of the games conclude in the hour I was there, although all three seemed to be favoring on player over the other. It was enjoyable to check the games out.

Carl encouraged me to show up for some of the Monday events, which needs some more participants.

From the Castle site:

MONDAY SPEED DEMONS
8SS, TL: G/5, Reg: 6:30-7:15pm. Clocks start 7:15pm [done by 10PM]. EF: $10.
P
Z: 60% entries awarded as prizes, depending on participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment