Friday, January 12, 2007

Thursday Knighter I

I checked the crosstables last night before the match, and there was just one surprise from round one. Four of the five higher rated players won their game, but Vince Wisniewski (1553) beat Will Dobbs (1703). Vince and I have sparred, but it seems like it has been awhile. We had many interesting games over the last couple of years.

We have two new members to the club, Roger, who I played last night, and Femi, who played Will last night. After I finished my game, I found them analyzing their game, a win for Femi.

Note for tomorrow: There is a Speed Demons event.

5 comments:

  1. What are the details on the Jan. 13 speed demons? start time, entry fee, time controls, etc. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben,

    I hope you were able to make it to the event. I didn't see you note until after the event started.

    Thanks for stopping by this site!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did saturday events survive?
    Is there a schedule for upcoming Chess Castle saturday tournaments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dima,

    Yes, Saturday (and Sunday) events have survived. However, we will not be running them every weekend. Please check between this blog and the Chess Castle site to get the most recent schedule.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. The speed demons had a decent turnout. Check the NCN for all the upcoming chess castle events.

    ReplyDelete