Thursday, December 14, 2006

This weekend is the 2006 Chess Castle Championship

This is a reminder:

From the Chess Castle website (sidebar):

16,17 December
THE 2006 CHESS CASTLE CHAMPIONSHIP

An invitational event*
Seven
games, four Saturday, three Sunday, swiss pairings. Time control is game in an hour + 15 second delay. Entry fee is $15, $20 for two members of the same family. No prize fund, we are playing only for love and glory. You can get two half point byes if they are requested upon entering. Bring your own clock, as our supply is limited. Registration is from 9-9:50 am. Round times are 10, 1, 3:30, 6:30, and Sunday at noon, 2:30, and 5:30. State and national memberships required.
There will be a meeting concerning the future of the club at 11:00 am Sunday morning.

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,

    I finally got your dad. I had been waiting for quite a while to get a chance to play him. He has improved quite a bit over the last year. It was a tough game. I sacked a B for 2 pawns on h7. He had to give the B back a couple moves later, then we traded off Queen's. I had an easily won endgame but was down on my clock. I finished with 11 seconds left. I am sure your dad will tell you about how he hates time delay ;-)

    It would be cool if my kid grows up to like chess. Have a good day and good luck with your game.

    phorku / tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim,

    That sounds like a very good game. Congratulations! (I'll be seeing my folks soon, so I'll be sure to ask my dad about the game.)

    I know, even when I play him with an electronic clock, he asks me to remove the time delay. He prefers his analog.

    Thanks and have a good holiday!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete